Monday 26 March 2012

Death Greets Me Warm


I was running scared it was an endless abyss, a tunnel which was never ending; there was no light to guide me.

I was stuck in the same place and the skeletons in my closet chased me. I was unable to run away. I kept pushing, trying to wake up from a  bad nightmare but that was not to be.

I could feel my eyes leaking, big pearly drops of tears falling on my bed spread. Each drop rolled down my cheek and not finding a path to pave fell on my bed sheet. It became a patch spreading from thread to thread, looking at it minutely it seemed that the tear drop followed a pattern engulfing multiple threads in its path of passivity and sadness.

As I looked back I saw you stop, you had that look in your eyes, your long hair was flowing and the breeze ruffled it.... but I could not turn back neither could I move ahead.

I wanted to scream that I need you but I do not know why was it a nightmare. God looked at my writhing body, sweat stained and anxious... Pity was what creeped in him.

And he opened up a huge chasm in front of my never ending tunnel. I looked at you, tried to turn back and could not. I tried moving forward and fell in the chasm.

I woke up..... it was not my room. A scavenger of death greeted me and a burning sign read welcome to hell.......


And the ICU lights dimmed and a trolley was pushed off to the morgue.

No comments:

Post a Comment