Monday 17 October 2011

Things That Are Bound to Make You Happy


Savor Everyday Moments

Pause now and then to smell a rose or watch children at play. I do it all the time... Even if my heart is sad I feel happy, that is the nature of things.

Avoid Comparisons

Comparing ourselves with others can be damaging to happiness and self-esteem. Instead of comparing ourselves to others, focusing on our own personal achievement leads to greater satisfaction. This thing I have imbibed with my friend's help, a Mr. Gaurav Shukla... an epitome of self contained bitchiness:)

Have Goals

As humans, we actually require a sense of meaning to thrive. Happiness lies at the intersection between pleasure and meaning. Being very banal about this issue, Remember a day when you cracked an account and you boss praised you. You felt that "I, do not feel immense joy as I thought I might".... But within you are content. So what would you like to be... a success who is content or a nervous wreck who is always insecure. I have seen a certain individual develop into a true blue man... I kept badgering him in lessons of self improvement, but it never worked. But they day he found his own, he is his own man and I am one hell of a proud friend.


Take Initiative

Happiness at work depends on how much initiative you take. I am a lazy bitch myself, but taking responsibility and making sure that your peers find you dependable gives you a definite kick. Post that one time when you have to make an effort, being a leader comes naturally.

Treasure your Family and Friends

Happier people tend to have good families, friends, and supportive relationships. But its not God's gift, you have to make an effort. Keep your ego aside. If you call up a friend and he/she is busy dont shy away calling the next time. They might really be tied up and maybe spending time with you is all they might need to tackle their own problems. Never let your frustration out on your family, your family is there for you unconditionally. Dont let that go down the drain. Make your folks feel special.

Say Thank You and Mean It

People take little things for granted. Like the nameless peon serving your morning water bottle. Take time to appreciate them, take time to talk to them. Every human being has the right to feel special, be that person. In there joy you will find joy.

Workout

Ummm do I need to explain more...... :D


Being frustrated is easy. But each individual just ends up hurting themselves as the whole world is out there dealing with their own thing. Even the richest and the most powerful do not have a path made of roses. So deal with it. STOP  CRIBBING!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. True to Every point bro!! And I am proud to have you as my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete